Things To Do in St. John
Below you will find a list of activities and dining options available while on island along with some helpful maps of St. John and the Virgin Islands.
ST. JOHN DINING GUIDE
Reservation and recommendations.
We recommend downloading The St. John Experience App by clicking www.maps.to/stjohn and installing on your mobile device. This App has complete up-to-date menus of all the restaurants.
AN EVENING OUT
Reservations recommended or required, as is elegantly casual attire:
- Morgan's Mango, Neo-Caribbean cuisine, near Mongoose, Dinner only, 340-693-8141
- The Lime Inn, service, fairly priced, Heart of Cruz Bay, Dinner only 340-776-6425
- Extra Virgin, Top notch steak and fish 340 715 1864
- Rhumb Lines, Pacific Rim and Tropical Cuisine, Dinner only, 340-776-0303
- 18 64 The Restaurant, Seafood, 340 774 1864
Shorts and T-shirts are just fine here!
- Baked in the Sun Bakery, Breakfast and Lunch, 340-693-8786
- Beach Bar, Bar Menu, Live music, Warfside Village, Lunch & Dinner, Cruz Bay, 340-777-4220
- Skinny Legs, Famous Burgers, Coral Bay, 340-779-4982
PLEASE - RESERVE WELL IN ADVANCE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
Here are our recommendations for some great times, so you can get into the swim of things and enjoy our beautiful islands, sights and waters:
- BOATING: You can captain your boat yourself, or you can hire an experienced captain for the day. Explore nearby islands, tan, swim and snorkel.
- DAY TRIPS: Take a trip to the British Virgin Islands via a public ferry.
- DIVING: Excursions for reef, wreck and night Scuba dives available.
- Low Key Watersports: 340-693-8999 or 800-835-7718 www.divelowkey.com
- FISHING TRIPS: Home to world renown sport fishing.
- Mixed Bag Fishing Charter Fishing 340-513-0389 or 340-776-6730, www.sportfishingstjohn.com
- GOLF: Fazio-designed Mahogany Run Golf Course on St. Thomas. Pro Shop for info and reservations: 340-777-6006, ext. 1.
- JET SKIING: Instruction, rentals and tours are available at several beaches here for rentals and tours.
- SAIL AWAY FOR THE DAY : Book a day sail with drinks and lunch for your group - small intimate group sails and larger, party-type cruises available (half-day, full-day, sunset and dinner cruises offered). Or take an adventurous and exciting day trip through the U.S. and British Virgin Islands waters to the world-famous Baths in Virgin Gorda with the fun crews. (Bring your passport or notarized birth certificate & photo I.D. - a must!)
- St. John Yacht Charters, Survivan 340-998-9898, www.stjohnyachtcharters.com - 1997 46' Jeanneau sloop
- SNORKELING: Arawak Expeditions 340-693-8312 Full & half day sea kayaking & snorkeling excursions to the beautiful beaches of St. John & neighboring cays.
- WINDSURFING: Take advantage of our brisk trade winds and explore on a windsurfer for an up-close look at our beautiful azure waters and sea life. Take windsurfing lessons from an expert right on the beach, and rent gear by the hour or by the day.
- YACHT CHARTER:
AND FOR SOME FUN OUT OF THE SUN:
- MASSAGE: Pamper yourself with a sensual, private poolside massage for you and your significant other.
- SHOPPING: Mongoose Junction, Warfside Village and numerous small shops in Cruz Bay.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas